Are you up to a gourmet challenge?
On the bank of the river "Vendée", in close proximity to the Marais Poitevin – also known as the "Green Venice" - our unique and original country style Inn welcomes you.
Come out and enjoy a stay that will get your taste buds excited. Made from scratch with fresh ingredients, each dish is unique. Chef Fabrice elaborates them with brimming passion and innovative creativity. You can choose from several menus which names capture the spirit of the cuisine you are about to discover: Degustation (Tasting), Sensation, Saveurs Régionales (regional flavors). You can dive into the unknown by trusting the Chef inspiration. Our Chef placed some of his sensitivity in his menu; be aware, you may experience an intense culinary emotion. We invite you to a fabulous journey inside the Terroir where oysters, mojettes beans, eels and hams come into your plate. Dishes are made from local products especially selected. You can elaborate your own menu based off your feelings. Enjoy a half-cooked or seared Foie gras (duck liver), snails, a wild Turbot, a roasted John Dory or a Seabass in its orange butter or perhaps you would rather taste our roasted veal sweetbreads in their creamy morels and Riesling sauce. Sweet treats exclusively prepared by our Chef will have you melt with delight.
Our extensive wine list includes over an hundred of references; our sommelier will be able to advise you to pair dishes and wines.
For an unforgettable stay our Inn offers 11 rooms with an amazing view of the river Vendee. One of them is specifically designed to accommodate our handicapped guests. Our rooms feature many amenities including complimentary wireless internet access. You’ll love to wander and enjoy idleness. Some rooms even have a direct access to a deck located on the edge of the river where you could enjoy your breakfast in this relaxing and idyllic setting.
The Inn is in proximity of some major attractions:
- From the Inn, the most popular activity remains undoubtedly the visit of the Marais Poitevin… on a bike. We can provide a secured room to store your bikes and a set of maps of the surrounding trails. What a change of scenery!
- The Marais Poitevin, commonly called “the Green Venice”, is a large network of thousands of canals where boats flutter. Several piers in the heart of traditional villages welcome you for a ride in this amazing water maze.
- 2012 Award winner in Los Angeles for best Theme Park in the world, the Puy-du-Fou is one of the four most visited theme park in France with Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix and the Futuroscope. A grand show lasting 1h40 with over 10 million spectators, 1200 actors and dancers and over 2400 costumes; the Cinéscénie is the world’s biggest nighttime show.
- Millennial city, La Rochelle is a gorgeous city nestled in the heart of the Atlantic seaboard. It is one of the most dynamic and attractive French cities.
- La Rochelle aquarium also contributes to the attractiveness of the city. With over 800000 visitors each year, it is France most visited aquarium.
- The Royal Abbey of Nieul-sur-l’Autize and the Abbey of Maillezais.
- The Mervent zoo in the heart of the Mervent forest will let you discover around 250 animals living in a vast wooded area.
- Indian Forest is a thrilling adventure park : multiple outdoor activities are available through four worlds (the ground, in trees, in the air and in the forest).
- The Futuroscope is a theme park located in Poitiers. Attractions are based on multimedia, cinematic, audiovisual and robotic techniques.
- La Tranche-sur-Mer, a seaside resort of the Vendée coast, offers exceptional sunshine along 9 kms (~ 5.6 miles) of beaches facing the Re Island.
We would be proud to welcome you in our Inn and let you enjoy our beautiful environment, our rooms and their amazing view and our gourmet table.
Don’t hesitate to give us a call or email us for all inquiries, we will be pleased to help you.
See you soon,
The team of L’auberge de la rivière